Turn off Google maps on my phone!! Did you know that Google is logging your location step by step, thanks to these smartphones that we carry and GPS-dependent apps that we have installed on our phone? Also, there is an option to google maps turn off labels depending on your requirement.
If you are interested in knowing what kind of data they have on you, then only check out the following URL:
It lets you see and track the paths you have taken on any given day and time provided your Google Maps was running on that day. However, if you are interested in learning how to turn off google maps then following information can help you.
As we know that back in the year 2015, Google updated its Maps app and merged the location tracking feature, which is then named as “Your Timeline
What “Your Timeline” means in Google Maps?
In Google Maps, you can easily track your past movements like when and where you have travelled in previous days, months or even years. You can access your timeline through the Google apps and easily see the places you visited.
Is it safe to have my location history saved on Google maps?
It is a real question. However, it depends on your level of privacy like how much data related to your travel you would like to keep personal.
In my view, I think it is kind of great to have my located history data saved on Google Maps under “Your Timeline” feature. It helps me track down the places I traveled on any specific day, date and time precisely.
Note – However, this is a catch in “Your Timeline” feature in Google maps? The location history data is stored on a cloud, i.e. Google servers NOT on your personal devices.
Steps to turn off Google maps on my phone
- Use the Google’s web page to view your location history
- Set a period to view the location history data, let’s say up to 30 days at a time
- Now, choose the period you would like to delete
- From left side of the page select “Delete history from this period”
Remember, if you have multiple Google accounts, check the location history for each one. In the following paragraphs you will also get step by step instruction on how do i turn off google maps on my android.
How to turn off location tracking in iOS?
- First, open the Settings app
- Select the Privacy tab>Location services
- Now, set the top slide to “off”, which will disable all Location Services – or you can scroll down and disable particular app one by one, for example, Google Maps.
How to turn off location tracking in Android?
or how to turn off google maps on android?
- Click on the Setting app
- Scroll down and tap on the location services
- Go to the location section
- Now, select the Google Location Reporting
- Then choose the location history to “off.”
There are also other interesting features like find my phone google maps or google maps phone number search that you can do in case you misplace your phone.
Note – when you choose to turn off your location reporting feature then certain applications like google maps for windows phone or Android would not work properly.